Friday, June 24, 2016

Social Media

Social Media can be a big blessing or a huge problem for teens, young adults, kids, parents, and even elders. Something I love a bout social media is being able to get in touch with your friends and even people you haven't talked to in a while and see what they are up to now a days. Just recently I found one of my friends I was in 3rd grade with on Instagram. I haven't talked to her since 3rd grade, and it was such a huge blessing to talk to her again. I wasn't really sure if she still knew Jesus or chose to follow him after she left our Christian school and went to public school. But I come to find she was a little shaky with her faith and it was Jesus who called me to bring her back to Him. It was such a blessing to watch. But it can also cause some problems as well. A little while ago there where these posts going around that would say "Repost this and tag your friends, including me if you really care" and for me someone tagged me in it. But I knew for myself I wasn't going to repost it because if I did and forgot to tag someone or chose not to, someone was going to get hurt. Although I didn't repost it, someone still got hurt. The person that tagged me was all offended that I didn't repost and tag her, she thought I didn't consider her as a friend. I felt bad, of course as anyone would. But, I had to tell myself that so many more people would get hurt if I would have posted it. For me, my friend that got all offended that I didn't repost should know better, I am not blaming her, I am just saying that she should know me better than that. That I am her friend no matter what, that our friendship shouldn't depend on some silly Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter post. The bible says in 2 John 1:12 "Though I have much to write to you, I would rather not use paper and ink. Instead I hope to come to you and talk face to face, so that our joy may be complete." 
To me what that is saying is to go out and get together with your friends. If you are offended by any way, instead of writing some nasty comments and say things you will regret in the future. Just tell them something like this "Hey...I was a little hurt by something you said/did, cane we get together or facetime (if they live far away) and talk it out?"

Today I challenge you with this: Take a break from social media and most something about it challenging others to do it as well. Spend more time with God and your friends instead of social media and even after you get back on social media after say (1 month or whatever goal you set for yourself) and try to limit yourself and most importantly try not to limit your time with God and your friends..... 


God Bless

Olivia <>< 

No comments:

Post a Comment